Red Hat System Administration- RH124 - (RHCSA-1 first book content)
This course relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks.
Prerequisites for this course
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
Module 1: Accessing the Command Line
Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Module 2: Managing Files from the Command Line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
Module 3: Getting Help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
Module 4: Creating, Viewing, and Editing Text Files
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
Module 5: Managing Local Linux Users and Groups
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
Module 6: Controlling Access to files with Linux File system Permissions
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
Module 7: Configure and secure OpenSSH service
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
Module 8: Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
Module 9: Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Networking
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems..
Module 10: Archiving and Copying Files between Systems
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
Module 11: Installing and Updating Software Packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories..
Module 12: Accessing Linux File Systems
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Module 13: Using Virtualized Systems
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
Module 14: Comprehensive Review
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.